Friday, December 30, 2011

The Joy of Home Brewing

I have created this blog to share my hobby and passion of home brewing. I have been making "fast wine" and beer from beer kits for a few months now and the more I make the more I wanna learn. I say "fast wine" because I don't go to the extent of fermenting fruit, aging, using nutrients, and blah blah blah. My wine is ready in about 21 days and as far as taste, I am pretty happy with it. Now this is not to say that my wine making will not evolve into more traditional methods but for the time being I am still experimenting with readily available ingredients.(Yep, from the local grocery store) I was completely unfamiliar with the whole craft beer movement but once I acquired a taste for the beer and a curiosity of the making of it, the rest was history. My favorite to drink are porters and stouts but I am constantly trying different styles, brands, etc. I currently have a batch of Irish stout brewing, an all natural yeast in the mix and also have some red wine fermenting. Like I said, the more I make, the more I wanna learn. If you have any interest in home brewing then please take the time to follow this blog and by all means throw in your 2 cents. I plan to make videos, include recipes, share any discoveries, divulge my failures, and make a few friends along the way. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment