Saturday, December 31, 2011

Mr. Beer Kit Irish Stout Bottling

Well, I am about ready to bottle my 5th Mr. Beer brew which is their Irish Stout. My take on the whole Mr. Beer is mixed. I don't think my water and their kits get along too well. My first brew I has used bottled water and it was a very great tasting beer with a great aroma. then. the next three I used my tap water and they all had a very similar aroma and had a honey flavor. The kits themselves are very easy to use and there is a pretty good variety. I feel that you can experiment with mixing their malts, hops, etc to tailor your beer to a certain extent. I really do not wanna make 5 gallons of beer at a time since I want to experiment and try different things. As far as the fermenter goes, I don't know if all of the spigots are like mine but IT SUX! It comes out so slow that it literally takes a couple minutes to fill a 1/2 gallon growler. I know that you want the least amount of air possible in your beer as you are bottling but come on, really? I have (2) 2 gallon food grade buckets with lids that I am going to start using and I may retire the little Mr. Beer keg but I will probably continue to experiment with their kits because the 2 gallon size is very handy for an aspiring brew master. I will post photos of the growlers once I get them filled. I know, I am lazy using 4 growlers instead of a bunch of bottles, but it just works for me. I prime and condition in them and they have worked great, so far :)

No comments:

Post a Comment